Many people love papaya fruit for its incredible health benefits, but few people are aware that papaya leaves also have numerous benefits.
In fact, juicing papaya leaves is one of the best ways to enjoy its health benefits to the maximum.
THE INCREDIBLE NUTRIENTS IN PAPAYA LEAF
Studies have revealed that papaya leaves have phytonutrient compounds that act in synergy to exhibit potent antioxidant and immune boosting impact in the bloodstream.
Alkaloids, papain, and phenolic compounds are responsible for their beneficial biological effects.
The two biologically active compounds of papaya – enzymes papain and chymopapain – help in protein digestion. They are normally used in the treatments of bloating, indigestion, and other digestive complications.
Additionally, the alkaloid compounds, carpaine, dehyrocarpaine, and pseudocarpaine, have chemopreventive properties.
Pure isolated alkaloids and their synthetic extracts are used as basic medicinal agents, thanks to their analgesic, antispasmodic, and antibacterial properties.
Likewise, the phenolic compounds, chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, kaempferol, and quercetin have potent antioxidant effects. Papaya leaves also have an abundance of minerals such as sodium, calcium, potassium, manganese, and iron.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PAPAYA LEAF JUICE
Here are some of the benefits of consuming papaya leaf juice:
- Blood platelet production – According to the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, papaya leaf juice is effective in increasing blood platelet production. Upholding a high number of blood platelets is essential after a serious illness.
- Promotes Liver Function – Papaya leaf juice contributes to the healing of numerous chronic diseases, especially of the liver, thanks to its potent cleansing effect.
- Averts diseases– The acetogenin contained in papaya leaf juice can be used to avert numerous diseases, including dengue, malaria, and cancer. It boosts the immune system, and naturally combats bacterial and viral invaders in the body.
- Improves energy levels– Daily consumption of papaya leaf juice can help boost your energy levels, helping you get started on your day more quickly.
- Promotes Digestive systems – The enzymes protease, papain, amylase, and chymopapain, are helpful in the breakdown of proteins and carbs, thereby helping with digestion. If you have digestive disorders, you may find this juice healing and help regulate your digestive system.
- Alleviate inflammation – Papaya leaf juice has anti-inflammatory effects that are beneficial for reducing inflammation, as well as the side-effects of chemotherapy.
- Safeguards cardiovascular health – The potent antioxidants in papaya leaves boost the immune system, significantly improves blood circulation, dilate blood vessels, and protect the heart from strokes and other complications.
- Regulates blood sugar levels – Papaya leaf juice is effective in improving insulin sensitivity, thereby helping regulate blood sugar levels. Its high content of antioxidants is beneficial for decreasing the secondary complications of diabetes like fatty liver and kidney damage.
- Regulate menstruation complications – Drinking papaya juice can effectively reduce PMS symptoms and regulate menstruation cycles, thanks to its hormone balancing properties.