Tangerines are not only tasty but they also offer a wide range of health benefits.
They are abundant in nutrients such as potassium and vitamins A, C, and B12.
They’re also effective in boosting the immune system, nourishing the skin and hair, as well as decelerating the aging process.
You can grow your own tangerines at home without using pesticides.
Simply follow these instructions:
- Buy tangerine seeds or wash the ones you’ve obtained from the fresh fruits. Then, get a small pot with commercial potting mixture.
- Place some stones and sand at the base of the pot before filling it with natural soil.
- Pour water over the soil and then leave the pot to drain till the mixture is slightly moist and not soggy.
- Place your seeds into the soil. Don’t press them too hard into the soil. Then, cover them with soil.
- Cover your pot with clear plastic. This preserves moisture and warmth, thereby accelerating the germination process.
- Place your pot in warm place and water it on a regular basis.
- You should see the first seedlings in about 20 days. Once they appear, remove the plastic covering and keep the pot in a place with direct sunlight.
- Fertile it about three times every month in the spring and summer, Liquid fertilizer is recommended as it’s rich in zinc, iron, and magnesium.
- Consider transferring the plant into a larger pot as it starts growing taller and grounded.
- You should always cut off the withered branches.
With some dedication and enthusiasm, you will eventually have your own, organic tangerine tree at home and have an endless supply of its healthy fruits.