Ginger is the root of Zingiber officianale plant. It is native to Asia and has been used for centuries, both as a culinary spice and herbal medicine.
To prepare ginger water, you need to boil fresh ginger root in water, and then cool and strain the liquid.
While it’s usually used as a treatment for digestive complications, ginger has been confirmed to be effective in treating countless ailments.
In fact, it is one of the most effective solutions when it comes to weight loss. Namely, ginger infused water can effectively burn the excess fat that has accumulated on your waist, thighs, and hips.
How To Make Ginger Water
- Pour 1.5 litres of water in a tall pan and then add your chopped ginger root. Boil it on high heat.
- Then, allow the mixture to simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and then strain the liquid.
Using Ginger Water
Consume at least a litre of ginger water throughout the day, every day.
You can even store the drink in a thermos and carry it wherever you go.
The ginger water should always be freshly made to ensure best results.
You should continue with this treatment for at least six months for optimum health benefits, including cleansing your body of toxins.
Health Benefits Of Ginger Water
- Regulates cholesterol levels
- Possesses strong anti-inflammatory effects
- It’s a potent antioxidant
- Can protect against cancer
Here is what you need to do if you want to use ginger for weight loss:
- Chew on a thin slice of ginger root before having a meal. Besides stimulating digestion and reducing cortisol production, you will also increase your energy levels and regulate your metabolism.
- If you want to control your appetite and help digestion, we advise you to try the following recipe. All you need to do is grate a small piece of ginger and add a squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of salt. Mix all ingredients and your healthy mixture is done. It is recommended to consume this mixture before having a meal.
- If you want to lose weight, you can also make a ginger tea with lemon. Lemon can also be extremely beneficial for weight loss.
- If you want to increase your ginger intake, use it as a spice for your meals. Do not limit the ginger consumption. You can enhance its health benefits by cooking ginger for a short period of time (6 minutes). Fortunately, ginger has an amazing taste and you will not have to mix it with other ingredients to mask its flavor.
Ginger is rich in antioxidants. Your body stays protected with the help of antioxidants against the damage caused by free radicals. As you may know by now, the free radicals are molecules that cause damage to your healthy cells.
According to an article published in Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in July 2010, the fresh and dried ginger contain strong antioxidants. This statement was proved by a study done on the composition and antioxidant power of ginger.
This is extremely beneficial fact because we now know that ginger can be used as source of natural antioxidants in foods.
Drinking ginger water may help to decrease inflammation, joint swelling and pain experienced in conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatism. An article published in “Journal of Medicinal Food” in the 2005 summer issue noted that during the past 25 years scientists have provided scientific support for the long-held belief that ginger contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Protection Against Cancer
Ginger water may be effective in helping to prevent and inhibit cancer growth. The mechanisms responsible are substances in ginger, including antioxidants, which have been shown to kill and decrease the spread of cancer-causing substances in the body. An article published in the “British Journal of Nutrition” in February 2012 noted ginger has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and has been observed to slow the spread of certain cancers, indicating that ginger may play a promising role in the prevention of cancer.
People have been using ginger for relieving nausea since ancient times. Ginger is also used for the prevention of seasickness. The vomiting associated with variety of conditions such as chemotherapy and pregnancy is also treated with this incredible herb. According to a study published in Support Care Cancer in July 2012, the nausea caused by the severe chemotherapy in cancer patients can be reduced by a daily ginger supplementation.