The chia seeds have been around for centuries, but many people aren’t aware of it.
They were used as food, medicine, as well as part of religious rituals.
Chia seed is loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, fibre, protein, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
It is beneficial for skin regeneration, fat burning, helping digestion, and strengthening the body.
It is a favourite among athletes for its effectiveness in the case of low energy levels and a weak body.
Diets based on chia seed are effective in preventing colon cancer as the seed has 37% fibres, which promote the function of intestines.
Here are some of the most significant reasons why you should eat chia seeds daily:
- They’re gluten-free
- They’re are a perfect substitute for eggs. Simply mix them with water and then add the resultant gel to your recipes.
- With its high fibre concentration, chia seed effectively treats digestive complications.
- Its high content of omega 3 fatty acids makes it one of the best foods for the heart and brain.
- Promotes the health of hair, skin, and nails.
- They’re one of the richest sources of iron.
- Contain 8 types of amino acids.
- Has 4 times more antioxidants than blueberries.
- Contain 7 times more vitamin C than oranges.
- Contain 5 times more calcium than milk.
- It is effective in regulating the blood glucose levels and hence great for diabetics.
- They contain2 times more potassium than bananas.
Experts recommend consumption of about a tablespoon of chia seeds every day.
You can also add them to salads or blend them into your smoothies.
You’re advised to also drink plenty of water since the seeds are very high in fibre.
You can also mix chia seeds with almonds, coconut oil, or pineapples, and prepare a tasty meal.